Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jaden's trip to the OKC Zoo

Jaden has always enjoyed going to the zoo. She tells me that besides being a veterinarian she also wants to be a zookeeper.


By the waterfall in the new Oklahoma Trails Exhibit



My favorite animals at the zoo...gorillas. This gorilla was very interested in Jaden, and Jaden was very interested in the gorilla. I realize this is not the best picture, but I love it.



We were running out of time, so I gave Jaden a choice. She had wanted to see the giraffes, ride the carousel, and go to the butterfly exhibit. I told her we only had enough time left for one of the three. She thought for a minute and decided to ride the carousel.



After the carousel we headed for the front gate. Jaden had really wanted to go see the butterfly exhibit. As we walked past the building it is in she took me by the hand and says...

"Aunt Niece... I really want to see the butterflies. Since it is just right here can we please go see them? Please..."

What kind of aunt would I be if I said no?

As we entered the exhibit they handed Jaden a card with pictures and descriptions of each kind of butterfly. Jaden really studied the card and looked for all of the different butterflies.



I think it was well worth the stop to see the butterflies...


Thanks Jaden for going to the zoo with your Aunt Niece. Next time I promise we will see the giraffes...FIRST!

Tomorrow... Addie's trip to the zoo!

No comments: